Saturday, March 28, 2009

Country Music Weekend

This has turned into an unexpected three-day weekend for me because my company is in the process of relocating to its new office building. The opportunity to sleep in on Friday and Saturday mornings gave me the chance to double up on some fantastic live country music (maybe even triple up if I can find another live show tonight) and I've really enjoyed the gift of that extra time. (I love living in a city where this kind of music is still available almost every night of the week.)

Last night, it was James Hand at Blanco's, my favorite Houston honky-tonk where he included the song shown in this recent YouTube video of one of his recent Austin shows:



Thursday night I caught up with Amber Digby and her band, another of my favorites. Here's a taste of what they do, a video from a show of theirs I attended a couple of years ago.



Now if I can just cram some reading in between some little league baseball this afternoon and, hopefully, another show tonight...all will be well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.