Saturday, March 30, 2013

Notable Nonfiction: First Quarter 2013

I don't have ten nonfiction titles that I feel good about recommending as the first quarter of 2013 ends, but these five, I think, are worth your consideration:


1.  The Spark - Kristine Barnett  (Story of an autistic little boy whose IQ is higher than Einstein's) 
 2.  Mr. Lincoln's Battle with God - Stephen Mansfield  (This is not your father's Abe Lincoln)
3.  Butterfly in the Typewriter - Cory MacLauchlin  (Revealing John Kennedy Toole biography)
4.  Celebrating Pride and Prejudice - Susannah Fullerton  (Everything you wanted to know about the best loved novel ever written)
5.  Good Prose - Tracy Kidder, Richard Todd  (Part memoir, part writing manual co-authored by Kidder and his longtime editor)
I have high hopes for three or four other nonfiction titles that will reach the top of my TBR stack soon, but you can't go wrong with any of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.