Friday, May 24, 2013

Ireland's New Short Story Stamp

In recent years, very much to my surprise, I have become a fan of short stories.  Most surprising, though, is that thanks to Britain's Nik Perring I discovered a whole new (to me) genre called "flash fiction," those stories so short that the time it takes to read them can be measured not in minutes, but in seconds.

All of that, to introduce this new stamp from Ireland that actually contains an entire 224-word short story on its face:


Now, that is what I call a short story (although, I might call it more a short essay rather than a short story).  But, whatever you want to call it, this is probably the coolest stamp I've seen in a long time.

(Click on the link shown above the stamp for more details.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.