Monday, November 17, 2014

Book Trailer of the Week: Ralph Peer and the Making of Popular Roots Music




I share today a book trailer for the new biography  highlighting the life and career of one of my musical heroes, Ralph Peer.  Peer is not all that well known today, but to those of us who love and collect what is probably best described as "roots music," Peer is the man who made it all possible.  I am already a fan of Barry Mazor's writing, so I expect this to be an excellent history of the period.

This short trailer does a good job of explaining just how important Mr. Peer is to the history of music in this country.  (And that raw, soulful Carter Family song is the perfect soundtrack for this one.)  Even if you are not a fan of the music itself, Peer's story is a fascinating one.  Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.