Friday, December 05, 2014

Unbroken: A Look Inside the Movie



This one might get me inside a movie theater for the first time in years.  It's coming Christmas Day and I'm hoping to catch an early matinee viewing sometime that week.

Here's a really good "behind the scenes" look at the movie which includes some footage on Louis Zamperni himself (sadly, Louis died just a little while ago).  

For those interested in learning more about Louis Zamperini, I've attached this piece from an interview he did for "CBS Sunday Morning."

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Thank you for telling me about this movie. I had no idea about it.
    Unbroken remains one of the best non-fiction books I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cip, it opens in the US on Christmas day, don't know about up in Canada. I really enjoyed that book and find it wonderful that the man's story could be told in such spectacular fashion. The way he forgave the Japanese, and particularly the man responsible for his agony, is something I will long remember.

      Delete
  2. I also cannot wait to see the movie. I'm sure it will play here very soon..perhaps also at Christmas. Everything Angelina and Brad makes it over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to see it soon, Susan. There's a bit of a squawk about Jolie being the director for the movie, but it appears to me that she did a fine job with the script. It looks to be faithful to the book from what I can tell.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.