Thursday, January 08, 2015

Nous Sommes Charlie



My fellow bloggers, we are all "Charlie."  We may not go out of our ways to offend those looking for an excuse to murder and maim, but there is always a chance that we will, completely inadvertently, do exactly that.  For instance, I've recently noticed a large increase in traffic (hits) to a review I did some time back of a book called A World without Islam.  And those hits, every single one of them, originate in a  Muslim country.  Do these animals sit at computer terminals all day long looking for reason to kill innocents in their rush to what they call heaven? (Now I'm going to have to go back and read the review because I can't even remember the details of what I said.)

Regardless, we can't shut up because then people like the despicable little cockroaches that murdered twelve people in France this week are the winners.  They win - we lose.  It's that simple.

While I was learning to speak and read French, I used old copies of "Charlie Hebdo" as a rather painless way of exposing myself to some French slang and contemporary use of the language.  Let me tell you...it is an equal opportunity offender.  Every religion is fair game there.  

Obviously, the magazine was staffed by people to whom free speech was important.  May they rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.