Thursday, February 19, 2015

Long Lost Dr. Seuss Book to Be Published in July

I've never been much of a fan of Theodor Geisel's Dr. Seuss books.  The kind of word play and repetitiveness that so much characterize the books just doesn't appeal to me, I guess.  We did buy Seuss books for our daughters, and later for their children, but every one of them had, at best, a lukewarm reaction to the books...must run in the family.

But this will be big news for lots of Dr. Seuss fans out there, so I want to mention it here in case anyone has missed it...a "brand new" lost manuscript has been "re-discovered" and it will be shared with the world on July 28.  The little book is titled What Pet Should I Get? and it is said to be very much up to the standard Geisel set with his other Seuss books.  As can best be told, the book was written sometime between 1958 and 1962.

I hope it does well, and causes a big stir in the children's book market.  Good luck, Doc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.