Saturday, March 19, 2016

Movies for Readers: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was a huge YA bestseller in 2012 and I still see copies of the book all over the place.  I haven't actually read the book, but its cover is so intriguing that I've probably picked it up and flipped through it at least half a dozen times in the last few years.  So...here comes the movie and, from all appearances, it's going to be just as intriguing as the book from which it is pulled. If you or your children are fans of the book, the movie is expected to be released at the end of September 2016.  This trailer is a "first look."




Movies for Readers No. 21

2 comments:

  1. Intrigued by the cover, I started this one but did not get far. I've a feeling the same would happen with the movie, though the trailer looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more intrigued by the history of the book than anything else, I think. Apparently, it started out in the author's mind as a book of strange photographs, but the publisher and editor talked it into becoming a YA novel. It is a beautifully constructed and filmed trailer, though, isn't it?

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.